- Body Contouring
- Face and Brow Lift
- Mohs Reconstruction
- Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation
- Plastic Surgery
- Surgery of the Eyelids
- West Orange
101 Old Short Hills Road
West Orange, NJ 07052
Dr. Barry Citron has over 25 years of experience in plastic surgery. Highly regarded as an expert in facial rejuvenation, rhinoplasy and body contouring, he restores the delicate balance of facial and body structures providing the most natural appearing results.Â Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, he is a Fellow of The American College of Surgeons and a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons.Â He has been recognized as one of the regionsâ€™ top plastic surgeons as well as a leader in patient satisfaction.
Dr. Citron strongly believes that reversing the signs of aging requires a comprehensive understanding of the facial anatomy and mechanisms of aging. Applying this philosophy, he constructs a personalized analysis and treatment plan for each patient. Recognizing that not every patient desires surgery, Dr. Citron uses his skills and expertise in minimally invasive and nonsurgical techniques, including specialized uses of structural fillers, to correct the signs of aging.
His craft, plastic surgery, is a unique blend of the art and science of medicine that he employs to better the enjoyment of life for his patients. Whether it be restoring the youthful highlights of the face or creating pleasing body contours, attention to detail and an appreciation of the underlying sublime beauty of his patient guides his hand.
Dr. Citronâ€™s philosophy on breast augmentation balances the importance of natural appearing results with the need for a breast size that is appropriate for the patientâ€™s body type and lifestyle. As an expert on laser skin resurfacing and body contouring, he has lectured both regionally and internationally on lasers in plastic surgery and liposuction techniques as a consultant for Sciton lasers.
Dr. Citron is a senior attending surgeon for The India Project, a self-funded annual surgical mission to repair cleft lip and other congenital deformities. He personally performs over 100 surgical cases per year at Free Plastic Surgery Camps in Delhi, Nagpur and Pune.
He has been happily married toÂ Dr. Cheryl CitronÂ since 1981. An avid skier, scuba diver and cyclist, he is also a jazz/rock musician who plays the saxophone, piano and organ.
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, University of Florida, 1978
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Miami School of Medicine, 1983
- Resident in Internal Medicine 1983-1986 Mount Sinai Medical Center of Greater Miami and L.A. County-U.S.C. Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Resident and Chief Resident in General Surgery 1988-1993 University of Medicne and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newar, NJ
- Resident and Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery, 1994-1995, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn
- Certified by The American Board of Internal Medicine 1986
- Certified by The American Board of Surgery 1998
- Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery 1999
- Licensed to practice in New Jersey and California
- Attending Surgeon, Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgery
- Senior Visiting Attending Surgeon, The India Project