- Plastic Surgery
- West Orange
101 Old Short Hills Road
West Orange, NJ 07052
Dr. Barry Citron has over 25 years of experience in plastic surgery. He is highly regarded as an expert in facial rejuvenation who provides a natural and harmonious result and maintains the delicate balance of facial structures. Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, he is a Fellow of The American College of Surgeons and a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Citron believes that reversing the signs of aging requires a comprehensive understanding of the facial anatomy and mechanisms of aging. Through this philosophy, he constructs a personalized analysis and treatment plan for each patient. As not every patient requires or desires surgery, Dr. Citron uses minimally invasive and nonsurgical techniques—including the use of VOLUMA® and other fillers—to correct the signs of aging.
Although Dr. Citron performs plastic surgery in all body areas, his passion is rhinoplasty and nasal reconstruction.
“Plastic surgery is a unique blend of the art and science of medicine that integrates sound clinical judgment and a passion for excellence to better the patient and their enjoyment of life. Whether it be restoring the youthful highlights of the face or creating pleasing body contours, attention to detail and an appreciation of the underlying sublime beauty of my patient guide my hand and eye.”
Dr. Citron’s philosophy on breast augmentation stresses the importance natural appearing results with a breast size that is appropriate for the patients’ body type and lifestyle. His other areas of expertise include laser skin resurfacing and body contouring. In fact, he has lectured regionally and internationally on combining his laser expertise with liposuction techniques (and other subjects) as a consultant and educator for Sciton lasers.
Dr. Citron maintains hospital privileges at Saint Barnabas Medical Center, HackensackUMC Mountainside Hospital and Chilton Medical Center, where he performs both his elective procedures and emergency surgery for traumatic facial and hand injuries.
Dr. Citron helps organize and provides plastic surgery for The India Project, a self-funded annual surgical mission for cleft lip and other birth defect repair. He personally performs over 100 surgical cases per year at free plastic surgery camps in India. Surgical procedures he proudly performs for the nonprofit include primary and secondary cleft lip repair, eyelid surgery and correction of traumatic deformities.
He has been happily married to Dr. Cheryl Citron since 1981. An avid skier, scuba diver and cyclist, he is also a jazz/rock musician who plays the saxophone, piano and organ.
- Bachelor of Arts Biological Sciences, Florida Atlantic University, 1977
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, University of Florida, 1978
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Miami School of Medicine, 1983
- Resident in Internal Medicine, 1983-1985 Mount Sinai Medical Center of Greater Miami, FL
- Resident in Internal Medicine, 1985-1986 L.A. County-U.S.C. Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Resident in General Surgery, 1988-1993 University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ
- Chief Resident in General Surgery, 1992-1993 University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ
- Resident in Plastic Surgery, 1993-1994 State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn
- Chief Resident, Plastic Surgery, 1994-1995 State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn
- Licensed to practice in New Jersey, New York and California
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Certified by The American Board of Internal Medicine 1986
- Certified by The American Board of Surgery 1998
- Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery 1999
- St. Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, New Jersey
- Hackensack University Medical Center- Mountainside, Montclair, New Jersey
- Chilton Memorial Medical Center, Pompton Plains, NJ
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgery
- Member, New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgery
- The India Project